15 July 2010

If you didn't already know...

Mike and I are expecting our first child in early November. The whole reason why I wanted to rush down to California was to tell my family the gender of our baby. So we brought things to make cupcakes (along with food coloring) that we made up at Tiarra and Javier's place. We dyed the cupcakes (a white cake batter) a gender specific color, baked them, and then frosted them with chocolate frosting. So at the big family potluck type dinner the next day, we served the cupcakes as desert. But not before making everyone guess first. It was split 50/50 as to whether it was a boy or a girl. So when everyone unwrapped their cupcakes....

They were blue! Blue = Baby Boy! I totally forgot to take a picture of the cupcakes before we ate them but I think you get the gist. I think everyone was excited and I thought that it was a cute idea.



So I guess Blue= Smurf baby. So there we are! I'll post some pictures of Baby soon.

2 comments: