On June 18th, Mike commissioned as a Lieutenant into the Army. It was a nice ceremony at the Hinckley Visitors Center at BYU. Our friends Miriam and Jorge were able to come as well as Caleb, Tracy, and Mike's Parents. Jorge got to be the first person to salute Mike and Mike gave him a shiny old silver dollar. KrisAna and I put Mike's rank on him. It was a little hard to get the shoulder boards on him because it is a frog and loop type of setup, but I fixed it once we were all sitting down again! The Army gave Mike a plaque as being part of the Helaman 2000 Warriors from BYU and I got a fancy plaque for being an awesome wife. Who knew I would get awards for having the opportunity to spend my life with an awesome guy. It was a very nice day and was right after when Mike and I had finished all of our classes and were officially done with our Undergraduate classes at BYU. So that week we (1) took finals, (2) passed all our classes, and (3) commissioned Mike into the Army. Busy week. :)
Mike with his shiny new butter bar on his hat. Doesn't he look all official?
Jorge saluting Mike.
Our totally awesome friends Miriam and Jorge and their daughter Megan. And see that cookie Megan has? She shared her cookies with me and it totally saved my life (or at least my sanity) while we waited to go out for some delicious Indian food later with Mike's parents and Caleb & Sara. Yay cute and happy little family!
Caleb showed up to show support from the Bragg side of the family! Caleb was awesome enough to put up with me totally forgetting to tell him about the big event until like the day before. Sara had to work but she got to eat lunch with us later!
KrisAna (Mike's Mom) and I putting on his rank. See the pretty blue shoulder boards? And that is the same uniform that Mike had on in our wedding pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment