16 October 2010

Yay yarn!!!

Yes, I took that picture of my yarn. Isn't it yummy?
In other news, we went on a yarn crawl with Tracy and her family on Thursday. I found some lovely bamboo/silk yarn as well as some beautiful malabrigo yarn.

We went to Three Wishes Fiber Arts (in South Jordan) and to Blazing Needles (in Salt Lake). Both places had such yummy yarn, I had to be careful not to buy too much. I was also really tempted to look at the spinning wheels because I had so much fun trying to spin fiber into yarn with Tracy's. I figure I have to wait a while and actually learn how to use a spinning wheel (take a class or something) before I can have one. That, and they're kinda pricey and I think that I will have my hands full enough when this little guy gets here (really soon!) Maybe in 10 years or so? I'll just have to save up all my Christmas' and Birthdays, then maybe I can have one.

This is the very lovely malabrigo. I'm hoping to make a lovely two-toned lacy type scarf with it. Still have to decide in I want to knit or crochet with it. If anyone has any awesome pattern ideas, let me know! It's worsted weight and I have about 200 yards of each color.






This is the super soft 70% bamboo 30% silk blend yarn. I have 90 meters of the blue and 180 meters of the green. I want to make a baby vest or sweater or jacket with this. It feels so very nice. Now I just need a pattern. I need to use 4.5mm (US 7) needles with it. I was looking for a V-neck pattern in a newborn or 0-3 months size. This will be very fun yarn to work with. SO much nicer than acrylic. Also more expensive, but when you spend time working on something, it's worth it to splurge a little sometimes, right?





I'm so very excited to use them once I find patterns for what I want to make with them. With the baby blanket finally finished ( I just need to block it and sew some lining in it), I need a new something to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment