After much thought and such I have gone and changed my major from Food Industry Management to Food Science. So now I get to play the game of chemistry every semester, but I'm excited for it. Perhaps I will actually be able to succeed and get a good career out of this. There is so much opportunity out there for food scientists.
So this week I took a couple of huge exams and next week I am taking four more. Life is very busy on the education front. I'm glad that a break is coming up. Mike and I are going down to Ca for thanksgiving. Good food, time with family, and exploring San Francisco a little more are on the menu.
I can't wait for this semester to be over and Accounting to be buried and forgotten in the dust.
Mike is gone this week at FTX. It's some type of military training thing. Ok, so it's only from Thursday afternoon to Saturday afternoon. But it changes the dynamics of my day. It seems like all that I am doing is being at school and studying and doing homework. I do that anyways, but it's different.
Anywho, don't forget to thaw your turkeys in the fridge for 2-4 days before baking! Also I learned that soaking one's turkey in a brine solution with seasonings helps to both keep your turkey moist and infuse it with flavor. Basting doesn't really do anything. And in order not to overcook the white meat and cook the dark meat to proper doneness, you can employ the use of aluminum foil over the breast meat of the bird 30 min before it's all done. I highly suggest watching the episode yourself. It is very interesting.
Happy almost thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment